LOGIVAN is a $7.4m venture-funded start-up in the logistics space. By matching available trucks to cargo loads, our real-time solution is transforming the way people book trucks, moving Vietnam’s economy forward and most importantly improving the lives of our 20,000 truck drivers. LOGIVAN offers you the chance to be a part of a dynamic tech team and use your skills to build a part of Vietnam’s future.
LOGIVAN has already won a number of awards, for example best start-up at RISE, Asia’s largest tech conference and the UBER Exchange programme to meet UBER CTO Thuan Pham. We have appeared in more than 50 TV and media appearances, including Forbes, Tech in Asia, E27, VTV and Business Insider. But this is only the beginning. With you on the tech team, we could go so much further.
LOGIVAN is looking for a Ruby on Rails Senior Back End Developer to join our high-performing tech team. The successful candidate will have a relevant degree and relevant practical experience in Ruby on Rails Development. At least 3 years of experience is required for this role. Prior experience in a fast growing start-up would help you be a great cultural fit for LOGIVAN.
You will be joining the tech team and working on some hard problems to improve the truck matching algorithm and optimise back-end code.
As a Ruby on Rails Senior Back End Developer you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collaborating with product and experience teams to define and prototype feature specifications
- Developing backend services in Ruby on Rails and actually working on code that makes you happy
- Writing clean, simple and efficient code.
- Suggesting and proposing creative solutions to solve problems
- Supporting other members and review their code
- Being a vital voice in weekly scrum meetings and daily stand up meetings
- Communicating clearly to allow the team to function smoothly
- Helping train other members of the team in areas where you have more expertise
- Building and maintaining a strong culture of great team morale, cohesiveness and high-performance
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A relevant university degree
- At least 3 years of experience as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- High level Object oriented programming skills
- Relational database design and implement using PostgreSQL
- Experience in shipping web applications to production, CI/CD flow
- Familiarity with running large scale web services
- Experience in writing good unit test
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to think like the end user to understand, fulfil and delight customers
- An innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate in English
Salary: USD 1500 – 2000 / month
Bonuses: Cash performance-linked bonus and stock options
Benefits: Flexible working hours, remote working allowance, office food & drink, team social events and competitive benefits package
Job Location: Based in either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City