Chief Technology Officer - CTO
LOGIVAN is Uber for trucks, enabling real-time tracking and connecting directly to the drivers to reduce the empty return rate, boost productivity and give more power to drivers. In 2 years, LOGIVAN has signed up more than 40,000 trucks, 30,000 individual shippers and raised $8m from prominent VCs and angel investors.
With a string of international awards including best start-up at RISE, Asia’s largest tech conference, we are challenging the status quo. LOGIVAN has been featured in more than 100 TV and media appearances, including The Financial Times, Forbes, Tech in Asia, VTV, and Business Insider. Now, LOGIVAN offers you the opportunity to lead our dynamic tech team and use your skills to build the future.
What you’ll be doing
As CTO you will lead our Product, Data Science and Engineering teams to deliver world-class products that rival the world’s biggest tech companies like Uber Freight, Convoy, Blackbuck. Your role will focus on the following 5 key areas:
- Managing and improving a large technology team’s performance: Using your management skills to build a culture of energy, focus and high performance. Supporting your team members to grow their skills and develop their careers at LOGIVAN. Inspiring your team to give their very best.
- Contributing to organisation-wide plans: Providing technical vision and input to guide organisation-wide plans and strategy. Sharing your technical knowledge and experience to enhance executive decision making. Owning the product roadmap to make our product the most valuable to our customers.
- Providing high-level technical support: Using your technical skills to support your team in making complex and difficult technical decisions. Acting as a role model for young and ambitious engineers.
- Building up the product, data science and engineering teams: Planning the structure of the product, data science and engineering teams 6 – 12 months ahead. Producing and reviewing detailed plans for your department. Improving the technical recruitment process to select the right people for LOGIVAN. Leveraging your network and reputation to make LOGIVAN the number one place to attract technical talent.
- Promoting the company externally: Attending conferences, events and competitions to promote LOGIVAN. Building up your professional profile as a respected expert in your field.
The skills & experience you’ll need
- Strong technical education and ongoing learning
- High level technical and management skills
- Proven track record of success in a senior technical management role
- Professional standard of English language
- Familiarity with Vietnamese language is beneficial but not required
Why you’ll love working with us
- Competitive salary: $6,000 – $8,000 gross / month, depending on your level
- Bonuses: cash performance-linked bonus and stock options (ESOP)
- Flexible working hours
- 2-4 remote working days per month
- 6 paid leave days per year for study/conference/seminar
- Free snacks, video gaming & movie nights, team social & sport activities
- Salary review twice a year
- 13th month salary
- Annual company trip
- What we do at work:
- We move fast. With a fast-paced hypergrowth start-up environment, our young, dynamic and passionate team loves to experiment fast, fail fast and keep trying until we win.
- High impact challenging work. The systems and products you help to build are used by tens of thousands of truck drivers, directly changing their life in better ways. We empower our teams to have end-to-end ownership of what they’re building. You build it, you own it.
- Continuous learning. This is one of our core values. We have a book library. Knowledge sharing sessions are organized monthly by team members. Everyone is encouraged to learn and experiment with new things to push innovations and find better ways to solve complex problems.
- Transparency & equality. We value an open, friendly and performance-oriented culture, with monthly 1:1s between team members and direct tech leads/managers. Our CEO, leaders and managers are down-to-earth approachable. Everyone is equal and free to voice their opinions, in LOGIVAN the best argument wins.
- We’re following Spotify’s squad model, using Scrum, JIRA and Notion in our daily work
- Hà Nội: Tầng 3 D2 Giảng Võ, Ba Đình
Hồ Chí Minh: 506 Nguyễn Đình Chiểu, Phường 4, Quận 3
- Thứ 2 - Thứ 6: 09:00 - 18:00 | Thứ 7: 09:00 - 18:00 (làm cách tuần)
- $6,000 - $8,000